We ship our seeds worldwide via Canada Post.
Exemption: Acorns and nuts are only shipped domestically within Canada.
Sending seeds to the United States is usually not a problem. However, to be sure that the seeds do not get confiscated it is recommended to request the Small Lots of Seed Permit provided for free to U.S. buyers by the United States Department of Agriculture.
The Small Lots of Seed Permit is free.
- Once approved, the Permit will be valid for three years.
- The Permit is good for multiple shipments.
- The maximum number of seed packets of per order is 50, where each packet cannot contain more than 50 seeds or weigh more than 10 grams.
- Seeds of species which are normally prohibited are not allowed into the US under the Small Lots of Seed Program.
- Seeds must be completely cleaned of soil, chaff, husks, etc., and complete fruits and berries are not allowed in under the new rules.
How the Small Lots of Seed Permit Program Works:
1. The buyer (from the U.S.) obtains a Small Lots of Seed Permit.
2. The buyer sends the following to the seed seller outside the U.S.
a. A copy of the Small Lots of Seed Permit.
b. A special label (green/yellow label) addressed to an US Inspection Station.
c. A self-addressed label with buyer’s name/address.
3. We will send the seeds, packed and labelled as required to the US Inspection Station indicated on the copy of the Small Lots of Seed Permit.
4. The seeds will be checked at the US Inspection Station and forwarded to the U.S. buyer using the self-addressed label provided.
For information to obtain the Small Lots of Seed Permit, check out the USDA website – Small Lots of Seed Permit
Some countries have laws regulating the import of seeds and may confiscate seeds at customs. International customers are responsible to know about any seed import restrictions in their country before placing an order. We do not issue phytosanitary certificates and are not responsible for delayed orders or confiscated items. Mount Royal Seeds will not issue refunds for confiscated items or pay for custom duties or taxes on held shipments.
Shipping and Packaging Rates
All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Canadian Flat Rate:
$5.00 per shipment for smaller seeds.
$11.00 per shipment for bulky seeds like acorns, nuts, Ginkgo seeds.
U.S. Flat Rate:
$6.00 per shipment for smaller seeds.
$12.00 per shipment for bulky seeds like Ginkgo seeds.
International Flat rate:
$9.00 per shipment for smaller seeds.
$15.00 per shipment for bulky seeds like Ginkgo seeds.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com